Mito Information Day Travel Grants
Mito Information Day – Travel Grants
The Mito Foundation offers travel grants to assist people affected by mito, travel to a Mito Information Day.
The Mito Foundation understands that travel and accommodation costs can make it challenging for people outside capital cities to attend. We hope that by assisting with these costs, those experiencing financial hardships will be able to attend.
Whilst the Mito Foundation would like to support all applicants, there are a limited number of grants available for each Information Day. These grants are intended for those who would otherwise be unable to attend due to financial constraints. Priority will be given to applicants for whom attending is most difficult. Depending on the number of applications received, the Mito Foundation may be able to cover some or all of the costs for successful applicants.
Click here to apply for a grant.
Grant applications must be received six weeks prior to the date of the Information Day, unless otherwise stated. Successful applicants will be notified four weeks prior to the day.
Successful grant recipients must make their own travel arrangements and send the tax invoices to the Mito Foundation. These costs will then be reimbursed
1. Investigate how much it will cost to attend, including transport and accommodation
2. Complete the online application form
3. You will be notified four weeks prior to the event whether your application is successful
4. You will be asked to complete a travel grant agreement
5. Arrange your travel and keep all receipts for the Mito Foundation
6. Attend the Mito Information Day and Support Group meeting
7. Submit all receipts to the Mito Foundation. You will be reimbursed by cheque.
Terms and Conditions
- Only costs up to the amounts quoted for will be reimbursed
- All costs must have an ATO compliant Tax Invoice and proof of payment. The Mito Foundation cannot provide reimbursement without receipts
- The Mito Foundation is unable to fund expenses not related to travelling to the Mito Information Day, regardless of whether they fit within the approved amount. For example, the Mito Foundation cannot provide reimbursements for taxi trips beyond the airport, your accommodation and the Mito Information Day venue
- Expense claims must be received within three months of the Mito Information Day. Expense claims received after that time will not be reimbursed.
The grant recipient must attend the Mito Information Day. The Mito Foundation encourages grant recipients to join Mito Connect and the Mito Registry. We also ask grant recipients to provide feedback about their experience at the Mito Information Day to be used in the Mito Foundation’s communications.