Regular support groups connect the mito community, combat isolation, and bring energy and hope to the mito community.
The Mito Foundation has launched a digital version of its national Support Group Program through which all Australians affected by mito can stay connected and provide mutual support, share information and discuss relevant concerns. During times of isolation, it is more important than ever to develop a peer support network in the local community.
Support group objectives:
- To connect the state based mito communities in an informal social setting (virtual at present due to COVID-19), and enable community members to:
- meet others affected by mitochondrial disease in their state
- share information about their condition and provide mutual support
- share coping and management skills
- build relationships within the mito community