Mito Foundation Booster Grants offer an exciting opportunity for researchers whose Ideas Grant application was deemed of high quality by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) but was unsuccessful in securing funding.
Mito Foundation Booster Grants provide up to A$100,000 worth of funding to progress a portion of research into primary mitochondrial disease as proposed in an NHMRC Ideas Grant application and boost the chances of success of a subsequent resubmission to NHMRC.
Applications open: 11 December 2023
Applications close: 12 January 2023
Outcomes announcement: 26 February 2024
Project start date: by 31 May 2024
Project completion within 12 months of start date
- Project must be conducted in Australia
- Project must be focussed on primary mitochondrial disease
- NHMRC Ideas Grant application received a score of at least 5 (i.e. category 5 or higher)
- NHMRC application CIA must have a position at an Australian institute
How to apply
To apply for the Mito Foundation Booster Grant please prepare:
- Mito Foundation Booster Grant Application Form
- Application Grant Proposal (from Sapphire)
- Application Report (from Sapphire)
- NHMRC Outcome Letter
- NHMRC Application Assessment Summary
- Please confirm your reporting requirements from previous Mito Foundation funding are up to date (if applicable)
Compile all documents in one PDF document and email to email@example.com.
Recipients will need to demonstrate satisfactory progress via progress reports. A final report upon completion of the project will need to demonstrate that the original aims of the fellowship were achieved.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require additional information regarding your existing grant reporting requirements.