Mito Foundation: Mental Health Initiative
There are support services available to cater to your unique situation. Below are a few recommended services to contact. If you need assistance navigating any of these services, please contact us on 1300 977 180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GP: It is important that GPs are made aware of mental health symptoms, as mental health symptoms are symptoms of mito. GPs can inform specialists of symptoms and provide coordinated care for ongoing symptom management. GPs can create a mental health care plan and refer to a psychologist and counsellor for ongoing support.
- NewAccess Coaching Service: Free six sessions cognitive behavioural therapy coaching service, in person or over the phone. A NewAccess coach is specially trained and experienced to help set practical goals. (only available in NSW, ACT and QLD)
- Beyond Blue: For a referral to further counselling support ie financial, relationship, grief support ph: 1300 22 4636 (call approx. 15 mins)
- Lifeline: For crisis support and suicide prevention ph: 13 11 14 (call approx. 45 mins)
- Mission Australia: For lists of services in your local area
- MindSpot Online Pain Course: This course is a free internet-delivered pain management program for adults aged 18 years and over. The course helps people with chronic pain manage the impact of pain on their day-to-day life and their emotional wellbeing. The course is not designed to ‘cure’ or ‘treat’ pain but to help people manage pain and maintain a good quality of life despite pain
- Head to Health Website: The Department of Health has launched a new comprehensive website to help people find the right mental health resources and services that suit them best. It has over 400 online resources including courses, apps and forums that are convenient, private and effective. You can read and share stories in online forums, and get confidential support through phone, email, and chat services