The Mito Foundation has again chosen Global Mitochondrial Disease Awareness Week (15-21 September) as a time to recognise outstanding contributions to mitochondrial research. Nominations may be submitted by researchers who have conducted exemplary work in mitochondrial medicine or by their peer.
The nominee must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- The nominee must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident
- Research must be related to primary mitochondrial disease
- Research must have a publication date in the period of 1 July 2018 - 30 June 2019.
- Research should be part of an issue of an online or print journal in that time range i.e. dates for an Epub ahead of print are not suitable.
- Nominee must be either first or last author listed on that research
Nominations will be assessed on:
- Scientific merit/innovation
- Soundness of methodology
- Whether the project will make a contribution to the Mito Foundation
- Whether the project will make a contribution to the mitochondrial field
To submit your nomination, please submit the relevant publication in PDF format, an abstract, and details on how your research is relevant to mitochondrial disease. Awards will be presented for both clinical and laboratory research.
Award winners will be presented with a $500 travel scholarship to allow the researcher to travel to a relevant scientific conference.
Nominations are open until Friday 30 August 2019. The announcement of the award winners will take place during Awareness Week.