Regular Mito Meet-ups connect the mito community, combat isolation, and bring energy and hope to the mito community.
Mito Meet-ups will occur regularly in the following States:
- NSW - On the last Wednesday of every month at 11:00am (local time)
- QLD - On the first Wednesday of every month at 12:00pm (local time)
- TAS - On the first Saturday of every month at 10:30am (local time)
The Mito Foundation has launched a digital version of its national Mito Meet-ups (formerly Support Groups) Program through which all Australians affected by mito can stay connected and provide mutual support, share information and discuss relevant concerns.
Mito Meet-up objectives:
- To connect the state based mito communities in an informal social setting (virtual at present due to COVID-19), and enable community members to:
- meet others affected by mitochondrial disease in their state
- share information about their condition and provide mutual support
- share coping and management skills
- build relationships within the mito community
The Digital Support Groups are led by mito community members and offer…