Regular Mito Meet-ups connect the mito community, combat isolation, and bring energy and hope to the mito community. We also provide a Mito Parents Meet-up to help parents of children with mito to connect with each other and share experiences.
Mito Meet-ups will occur regularly in the following States:
- NSW/QLD - On the first Wednesday of every month at 12:00pm (Queensland time) and 1:00pm (New South Wales time).
- TAS - On the first Saturday of every month at 10:30am (local time)
- SA - Every six weeks on a Saturday at 2:30pm (local time)
The Mito Foundation has launched a digital version of its national Mito Meet-ups (formerly Support Groups) Program through which all Australians affected by mito can stay connected and provide mutual support, share information and discuss relevant concerns.
Mito Meet-up objectives:
- To connect the state based mito communities in an informal social setting (virtual at present due to COVID-19), and enable community members to:
- meet others affected by mitochondrial disease in their state
- share information about their condition and provide mutual support
- share coping and management skills
- build relationships within the mito community
The combined Queensland and New South Wales Mito Meet-up will start at:…
The Digital Mito Meet-ups are led by mito community members and offer…