Current Employment Opportunities
As a small and relatively new charitable organisation, the Mito Foundation is always on the lookout for dedicated volunteers who can commit some of their time to help our cause. If you have the time and the inclination, please contact us to discuss opportunities – we will happily find something for you! Aside from this general opportunity, see below for specific requirements we have at this time.
Patient Pathways Telehealth Case Management Nurse
The Patient Pathways Telehealth Case Management Nurse will provide centralised and coordinated care to the mito community and aid in navigating the Australian healthcare system.
The nurse will provide case management support to the community in the following areas:
- Assistance with navigating the healthcare system to access all the relevant services that are available
- Patient empowerment through education and information provision
- Patient ability and confidence to proactively manage their condition or disease
- Social and emotional support for patients and their families
- Support of patient care with external healthcare organisations and facilities
- Support for ongoing patient care with families and carers following hospital admission, discharge, and accident and/or emergency visits
It is important to note that the nurse will not provide treatment advice. The main objective of this role is to develop tailored care plans, provide practical and emotional support, education and connection with existing services.
The service is accessible to all mito patients and their families, regardless of location, and can be provided via phone, email or Zoom meetings.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click here to see the job advertisement and here for the role description. For all other enquiries please contact Nellorie Iceton on firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 8033 4113.
Bloody Long Walk Volunteers
One of the major fundraising initiatives of the Mito Foundation is The Bloody Long Walk, a 35km challenge to cure mito. This is a national series of fun and social events and we need volunteers for many different roles! … read more