Our dedicated Patient Pathways Nurse Michele, will work with you to develop a tailor-made care plan to provide support, education and connection with other services. This telephone-based program is designed to help you navigate the health system and access all that is available to you, including clinical trials.
The Mito Foundation’s Patient Pathways Program offers personalised information and support to mito patients and their carers, regardless of location.
What is the Patient Pathways Program?
The Patient Pathways Program is a federal government initiative funded by the Centre For Community-Driven Research (CCDR) which aims to increase the capacity of patient organisations to help patients navigate the health system and access all that is available to them, including clinical trials.
As a recipient of a grant from CCDR, the Mito Foundation can now provide a tailored Patient Pathways Program offering centralised and coordinated care to the mito community.
The program will support you by:
- Guiding you through the healthcare system to access all the relevant services
- Strengthening your ability and confidence to proactively manage your condition
- Helping to educate your community, including allied services
- Coordinating appointments with external healthcare organisations and facilities
- Assisting with ongoing care following hospital admission, discharge, and accident and/or emergency visits
Call our helpline now on 1300 977 180 to discuss how the program could benefit you.
Meet Michele Hemmings
Michele has over 25 years of experience in nursing and has helped many patients navigate the complexities of the health care system. She has a diverse background across paediatric, adolescent and family centred care with extensive experience in chronic healthcare.