Mito Foundation Translational Research Grants support exceptional researchers who have the capability to rapidly transform research discoveries into clinical practice. This funding opportunity seeks to support high-quality pre-clinical and clinical studies with clear translational potential to advance therapies through later-stage clinical testing, regulatory review, and commercialisation.
Mito Foundation will offer 1 or 2 charitable grants with budgets of up to A$100,000 per year for a period of 12 – 24 months. We highly encourage applications with co-funding from another organisation.
Mito Foundation reserves the right not to award Translational Research Grant funding in any given year.
Grant applications open: 2 February 2024
Grant applications close: 15 March 2024
Outcomes announcement: Late May 2024
- Research must be focussed on primary mitochondrial disease.
- Pre-clinical and clinical studies with strong preliminary data and clear translational potential will be considered. Fundamental research studies focussed on understanding disease mechanisms are not eligible for this funding opportunity.
- Australian and overseas applications are welcome.
How to apply
To apply for the Mito Foundation Translational Research Grant please prepare:
- Mito Foundation Translational Research Grant Application Form
- Applicant CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Co-applicant (optional) and group leader CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Please confirm your reporting requirements from previous Mito Foundation funding are up to date (if applicable)
Compile all documents in 1 PDF document and email to email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require additional information regarding your existing grant reporting requirements.